Wednesday 5 December 2012

Colour Pop

 
With the Christmas party season in full swing, i've already been planning outfits and picking out accessories. Over prepared? perhaps but it is definitely the season to be fabulous! Today though,  I have been playing around with my make up bag. Make up itself is like the perfect fashion accessory! If you use it well you can add some of your own personality and really finish off an outfit, creating different looks every time. Here are a few of my favourite items i am using right now.




MAC Studio fix foundation, MAC make up brush, 'Famous' eyebrow compact kit, Inglot red lipstick and Maybelline gel liner pot and brush.
 
 
I bought this lovely little dress for my winter holiday which is coming up, i am so excited! I've pulled it out of the wardrobe to show you how to liven up the dull winter days and add some colour to your festive night out. I've ditched all the accessories and have only used the dress and make up to create this look.
 
 
 
 
River Island - £25.00

 
 
 So basically i started off by creating the base for my face then used my gel eyeliner to outline and add these little statement flicks. Using the brush is a must for this, I find it so much easier than eye pencils etc because you have more control. I only added a little mascara here so not to overpower it.
 

 
 
 
Next I applied my bright red lipstick for a pop of colour. I use a variety of different lipstick brands but Inglot are good for bright colours and give the matte effect i usually prefer. Best red lipstick except from MAC's but if you're on a budget definitely the cheaper and equally good option.
 
 
 
I also subtly highlighted my eyebrows ust to give a bit more definition. I've kept it really natural though. I find using the eyebrow shadows give a nicer, natural look. My kit has a few different shades and a little brush but i tend to just use the lighter brown shade as my eyebrows are naturally light already.
 
 
 
 
I've styled my hair quite tousled and not really done much with it to be honest just to show that the pops of colour in the lips and the dress are the key components.
  
 
 
 
 
So there you go, a simple pop of colour can be really effective! I will leave you with this beautiful little satchel from the Cambridge Satchel company. The colour is exclusive to ASOS and the perfect colour pop item to go on your wishlist! It's £100 but they are amongst the best in the business for what they do so you know you are getting quality and well... it is christmas soon!
Talk to you soon.
KG x

1 comment:

  1. i love that satchel! yellow is my favorite color! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete