Saturday 13 October 2012

The 2 R's

 Hey Guys! So, firstly I must apologise for the delay in this blog post. I have been so busy this past week. Uni and work have been consuming most of my time! This week I also met with the photographers who will be working on my fashion shoots for uni. Finally setting plans in to motion is exciting stuff! Discussing all our ideas for the shoots got me thinking about styling and I have decided to dedicate this whole post to this very subject!

Creating a new outfit doesn't necessarly mean new clothes! Many of us buy ridiculous amounts of clothes which we will wear once then hide away in our wardrobes - never to see daylight again! I for one am the worst for this! Lately I have been thinking about the 2 R's..Recycling and Reinventing your wardrobe! I'm going to show you how to take one simple item of clothing and apply these 2 rules to create 3 different looks.


Start with a black dress - Topshop Bodycon Midi - £24.00






Look 1 -  Dressed up glamour   

 





 
 
 
 
 
  
 
Sequin Jacket, Concept £60.00, Necklace, Miss Selfridge £13.00, Wedges, H&M £24.99

 
 
 
 Look 2 - Edgy Rock











 




Leather jacket, Miss Selfridge £45.00,  Necklace, New Look £7.99, Bracelet, New Look £3.99, Shoes, Primark £8.00





Look 3 - Daytime Casual
 
 
 

 
 
 


 Jumper, H&M £19.99, Shopper Bag, Primark £12.00, Bowler Hat, ASOS £16.00, Shoes, Converse £55.00



So there you have it. Be creative with your wardrobe, there are endless possibilites! Also remember the 2 R's and you could save yourself from unneccessary spending!  Until Next time...

KG x



3 comments:

  1. love all these looks, you really suit the midi dress!

    highsocietyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I just love your statement necklace! It would be a focal point of any look! Check out my blog, and I hope you like it :-)

    www.creativesideofme.com

    ReplyDelete