Wednesday 31 October 2012

Freak is Chic

Happy Halloween Everyone!

This is one of my favourite holidays ever! I personally tend to get rather creative with my outfits and have a lot of fun playing around with my hair and make up! I was out on Saturday night with my fashion girls and getting ready itself was an experience! Think 4 students, fake blood, contact lenses and lots of white hairspray! I was a corpse bride and amongst my friends were a vampire, a dead schoolgirl and a ghostly lady of some sort! I think we did a pretty good job!


 
 

 
 
 
Special mention to my mother who found me a lovely pair of vintage gloves for my costume! Very elegant and the little gold bows are a cute touch. She also found a few other rare pieces which I may blog about later on.
 
 
 
 
In the spirit of things (excuse the pun!) I've decided to do a post on halloween inspired fashion! This week I've been scowering the high street and browsing online for the best freaky but fabulous pieces!  Finding items I could relate to the theme wasn't as hard as I initially thought. With the gothic trend still a firm favourite at the moment, there are many black lacy numbers and long flowing styles out there! Skulls and crosses are everywhere as well, a re-occuring trend from last year and of course we still have studs on clothing and footwear which is showing no signs of disappearing! With all these factors it appears there is a little of the dark side on the fashion scene. Here are my top 5 must haves!
 
 
 
5. Zara TRF Skirt - £22.99
 
 
 
 

 
 Zara are embracing the skull mania at the moment! I also found a skull shirt which you can see on their website and some quirky skull necklaces.
 
 
 
4. River Island Lace Bodice Maxi Dress - £55.00
 
 
 
 
 
Spotted this one in the window display of the new River Island Boutique store in Aberdeen
 
 
 
 
 
 
3. Topshop Gothic Cat T-shirt - £20.00
 
 
 
 *Styling tip!*  Tuck in to a leather skirt and team with metallic creeper shoes for an edgy twist.
Skirt  - Motel £45.00,  Creepers - Topshop £86.00
 
 
 
 
 
2.  Sister Jane for ASOS jacket - £95.00
 
 
 
 
 
 
As predicted velvet is creeping back in for winter and i always seem to associate it with halloween too. Definitely more of a seasonal fabric but I must admit it i love it! I found this blazer quite interesting because of the velvet/stud combo. Could this be the new thing for this year? we shall see!
 
 
 
 
 
1. Urban Outfitters Skinny Bones Leggings - £28.00
 
 
 
 
These are amazing! Very in the style of Black Milk's leggings collection. Perfect for use in your halloween outfit and to keep using after! Even reasonably priced. Therefore, My number one find!
 
 
Hope you like! Have a good halloween!
 
 
KG x

No comments:

Post a Comment