Monday 26 November 2012

Perfect In Print

Hello! I hope you are all well and feeling the excitement of the festive season! Christmas is definitely in the air and working in retail, I am already noticing the crowds of anxious shoppers filling the shopping centres! I do have a few festive treats planned for future posts but today i'm going to be looking at prints - one of my most favourite things in fashion! Check out my new printed trousers and the inspiration for this post!



 
Primark (would you believe)  - bought for £5!! Yes, a rare find and on sale! Ideal for my student budget. They are very similar to the Zara trousers I see in my work. Printed trousers like these add a bit of character to your outfit and can be mixed and matched with other items in your wardrobe. I've added a skinny black belt here and my Topshop cross necklace for a laidback look - perfect for a shopping trip! For a night out I would wear them with my white long sleeved blouse and heels. Below is another pair of printed trousers i own. These ones are probably the most comfiest trousers I have and still look fab!




They were bought from River Island for about £12. The print is a quirky floral pattern. Again, can be dressed up or dressed down but here I'm matching them with some knitwear and converses for a more casual look.

Tartan is amongst my all time favourite prints! Perhaps it's a cultural thing, being scottish or maybe it's simply because it is a classic that will always be worn in some way! At the moment tartan/checked shirts are everywhere. There is a definite adrogyny about the look and i'm going to show you how it works for males and females. I bought my boyfriend a great Tartan shirt for his birthday recently.



Zara Man - £25.99. Craig wears it with his skinny jeans and  blue brogues. Can be worn under a jumper or with a blazer for a smarter look.


 
It appears the trend is popular amongst different ages as well as genders and my younger sister  bought her own checked tartan shirt this week.
 
 
 
 
 
Internacionale - £14.99.  Tammi wears it with red skinny jeans and red lipstick. How beautiful is she by the way! You can find some great printed pieces out there and if tartan's not your thing I guarantee there is a print out there for you! Happy shopping! Look out for my next post soon.
 
KG x
 
 

4 comments:

  1. your so pretty!xx

    stumbleduponablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the printed pants and can't go past a good tartan shirt xx

    loverandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete